Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sometimes I Have to Remind Myself...


  • When I don't feel like a writer, I can just pretend to be a writer.
  • There's an ebb and flow to everything, especially good times and bad.
  • If I want to lose weight, I have to stop eating stuff.
  • Taking my contacts out feels monumentally easier at 8:30 than at 10:30.
  • Loving people doesn't require solving their problems.
  • Making dinner is usually more fulfilling than going out. Except for when I'm really, really tired.
  • Being a good person usually requires action.
  • Cleaning the kitchen doesn't take nearly as long as I think it does.
  • Everything is better with mushrooms.
  • I'll thank myself for every time I record my kids on video.
  • Trashy TV should only be enjoyed in small, delicious doses.
  • Good ideas usually come after about 300 dumb ones.
  • Putting myself out there almost always ends up paying off.
  • Be thankful, appreciative, and gracious at every opportunity.
  • Celebrate anything. Everything.
  • I am not my job, my salary, my weight.
  • Accept change. Welcome it, if possible.
  • Dance in the kitchen.
  • Sing in the car.
  • Give funny greeting cards.
  • Don't judge. Ever. Not even when you really, really want to.
  • A root beer float is delicious when you haven't had one in a long time.
  • Err on the side of compassion.
  • Electricity is amazing. So is pasta. And guacamole.
  • Never pass up the opportunity for a ridiculous self-portrait.

15 comments:

Leslie said...

You are so cute!! And so wise!

Becky said...

Thanks for the reminders! So good. And I completely agree with Leslie. :)

lizzie said...

being a good person requires action. ugh. so true. and i so needed to hear this. now i just think, how badly do i want to be a good person?

Dede said...

I have to remind myself of these too. Especially not judging (my biggest weakness!), err on the side of compassion, stop eating stuff, and pretty much everything else. I'm glad you're back to writing your blog!

Angie said...

Very nice. You're right, we don't have to fix people's problems. Good thought.

Christy said...

"Trashy TV should only be enjoyed in small, delicious doses."

and... it's even better while eating Cafe Rio.

I'm so gonna do that tonight!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love your squishy face!

I wish someone could shop for the funny greeting cards for me. I hate doing that. I always seem to be in a hurry when I do it, and they always seem to have too much: beer or farts. (sorry I hate that word too.)

Lindy-Lou said...

Good advice. Always good advice. Love the self portrait. ;)

Artax said...

Thanks for the reminders. I needed them, too.

Unknown said...

Know what? I take my self-portrait advice from you. And the other good points, too.

Anonymous said...

Love this! So true, So true! ~heidi b

Suzie said...

You are wise, brilliant & beautiful. Love your guts lady!

Omgirl said...

That one gets me every time: If you want to lose weight, you have to stop eating stuff. It's so simple, so why is it so hard to DO???

Mia said...

You will always be a writer to me. And other than the mushrooms I agree with you whole heartedly :)

Just Me..Patty said...

Thanks so much...It has encouraged me to write my own list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails