Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesdays Were Made for Random

I'm suspicious of the tomato sauce on the stove. I'm making it for the first time after reading a rave review of the recipe. It only has three ingredients. It seems too easy and good to be true. But I should probably give it a chance. If I were a three-ingredient tomato sauce, I would want a chance. So, I'm withholding judgement while it simmers.

I'm glad that the days are getting longer and that my schizophrenic experience with winter evenings will begin to improve. In the winter, I can't tell the difference between 6:15 and 11:43 and 9:27. They all look the same to me, and they all feel like 11:59.

I shouldn't use the term "schizophrenic" incorrectly like that. It drives Ryan nuts. And for that matter, "nuts" is not a clinical term either. Please accept my apologies.

I have mixed feelings about watching the news, especially when it comes to tragedies. I think it's good to be informed and to be acquainted with reality, but for me, immersing myself in coverage of a tragedy that I can't help more than I already have becomes debilitating. It weakens me from the inside out.

I have a large zit forming on my jaw. It's a heavy-duty zit and it means business. I felt it under the skin days before I could see it. This zit was written and directed by James Cameron and has been years in the making. Buy your tickets now; it's gonna be big.

That's all for now. I have to go stir the sauce. I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Update: The sauce was fine. Better than I feared, but not heavenly. I think I might try it again with two more ingredients: garlic and garlic. And I think I'll let it roast all day in the crock pot.

13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You can tell your husband that in our office of therapists and social workers, we call people "crazy" all the time. WE are very professional.

Annie said...

3 ingredients, i don't buy it, not one bit. you'll have to give your professional review. i don't think i could take a chance on it...

Dede said...

I like this post. I feel the same way about the news coverage of tragedies.

Dede said...

P.S. I just noticed your family's short bios on the right...Christian is 11???!!! What the...when did that happen? I seriously feel like he is still 8. Crazy.

Leslie said...

I'll take two tickets for the 11:59 show with a package of nuts and a side of three-ingredient tomato sauce!

Mia said...

So how was the sauce? I feel the exact same way about the tragedy. I feel so sad and so small. Watching the coverage over and over again doesn't help. At least you have that big zit to keep you busy.

Melanie said...

I can see how a simple sauce could be good (could be ...) but really - no garlic? No garlic in a spaghetti red sauce?

You really will need to post the results because I just can't fathom it.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Will it be a white head, black head or a blue head? (that's a little Avatar humor for you) ;)

ps. I'm only dorky on your blog. I mean "nuts"... I'm only nuts on your blog.

pps. If you lived here, would you go to ALT with me?

Becky said...

I love your random! Sorry about the zit. I think it stinks that they keep showing up- even in our thirties! There is something not right about that.

Angie said...

I get what you're saying about the news coverage on tragedies - or anything really. It gets to be too much.

I've put hand sanitizer on my zits, and it's dried them right up. Maybe all of the alcohol...? I don't know, but it's worth a try.

Shua said...

My US Government teacher gave me a new perspective on the news. She said that when the news is full of tragedies, it means that the tragedies are still out-of-the-ordinary. She said the day that she'll be depressed is when the news is full of good things happening because they are out of the norm. I still feel sad about the state of the world when I watch the news, but I think she has a point.

I'm really not trying to deliberately disagree with you here or anything, I was just reminded of that and thought I'd share.

Miranda said...

I was suspicious of that sauce too. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm with you on the garlic and garlic.

tiburon said...

If you were in my family I could share my Grandma DiStefano's recipe with you. Straight from Sicily...

sadly, I can't.

But you could always come to my house and try it ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails