Thursday, June 18, 2009

Woe is Us

Years ago, I was rummaging through my local dollar store and happened upon this gem.




























I fell in love immediately.  I felt an instant connection with the emotion on his face.  Just look at him.  



























He is me.  I am him.  Him and me, we understand each other.  In parallel universes, we exist--slaving over a hot stove, making something out of nothing, laying our souls out on dinner plates for the unappreciative troops who perpetually forget to wash their hands.

I get it, you woeful army cook.  I get it.

Those 3.5 meals I prepare each week?  They're killing me.

10 comments:

Becky said...

I was just griping about that the other night. No matter what I cook- someone always complains. I just can't get it right. I'm ready to let someone else take over meal planning and preparation at my house! :)

Kristina P. said...

This is why Pizza Hut is our personal chef.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I so hear you!

rychelle said...

you always score the coolest stuff!

tiburon said...

I am going to need a copy of that.

Stat.

Mia said...

3.5 meals! Man you have me beat by at least 2 ;) Ahhh the joys of cooking.

Angie said...

3-5 meals, he he. I bet you do more than that. That cook's face is worth a thousand words.

Jesse C said...

That is great. I really love it. From an era when magazine covers didn't have to be completely covered with bold, neon, and provocative article titles just to move them off the shelves.

Omgirl said...

oooo! I have a solution! Well, for one of the 3.5 days a week. I just made a fantastic recipe the other day that takes about 5 minutes of actual effort (and several hours in the crock pot). It's called cranberry beef. If you want it, email me. ariannet at gmail. SO FREAKING EASY. And good.

Mari said...

I love that picture-
I can completely commiserate with you and him...love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails