Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Everyone Should Have a Baby Brother

It's the strangest thing.  It turns out that my baby brother--the one with big, round cheeks and giant dark eyes--grew up tall and thin.  With a cool hat and a penchant for making funny poses in pictures.

And he got married.  To a girl with an awesome sweater that I covet.  (That's the girl and the sweater there on the left.  Both adorable.  Not blurry in real life.)

And together, they had a baby.  A delicious baby.  A girl baby who wears lots of adorable pink clothes.  And shoes.  And swimsuits.  Delicious.


And the three of them came to see us this week!  And we are having a great time.  We are going important places and seeing important things.


When we are not going important places and seeing important things, we are very busy being funny.  Boy, are we funny!  We drove around the neighborhood with an inflatable shark sticking out of the top of our car.  When we drove by pedestrians, we shook the shark in a menacing manner and growled our best shark growls.   
If you don't have a baby brother like mine, you should beg your mama to have one for you.  You won't regret it.

19 comments:

tiburon said...

I need a few things explained to me.

1. Why wasn't I invited?

2. Why don't I have a sunroof?

3. Why don't I have an inflatable shark?

Alyssa said...

can't wait to meet him!

Dede said...

So much fun! I almost had to stop reading because I am more than slightly jealous.

Dani said...

sharks hanging out of the car is a good idea!

rychelle said...

baby brothers are the coolest!

i think your next video should include a "shark growl".

Aimee said...

You are right, everyone needs a baby brother. I love mine. He does crazy things too.

Kristina P. said...

I have TWO baby brother! I want a shark.

katie said...

Dear Rhonda....I never had a baby brother. Could you please....

Tiffany said...

I like when you use words like penchant...

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love going places and doing things!

with blow up sharks and babies too.

Mia said...

My baby brother doesn't wear a cool hat. But he does wear a man purse that looks like an intricately pressed leather gun holster. Life would be so dull without baby brothers!

Leslie said...

I LOOOVE your baby brother, and his wife, and his delicious baby girl! ... And his hat.

And the shark.

You ARE so funny; all of you!

So, um, ... why doesn't Max have a baby brother?

Angie said...

Sounds like a great week. If I had driven by your car when the shark was sticking out the top, you can bet I would have laughed, and then been a little bit frightened by the growling.

Do you remember the landshark skits on SNL? They were pretty good.

Omgirl said...

I DO have a baby brother like that! And he is wonderful. yeah for baby brothers!

Kellybee said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't believe how different Jesse looks all grown up! He was the sweetest little boy with all the curly hair! I think subconsciously I named my boys James and Jesse because of your little brothers.

Unknown said...

shark! baby! car! growl! sweater! shark! baby!

i would like to respectfully ditto all of the aforementioned sentiments. particularly the first one.

that is all.

James said...

Dang it. This is proof that you really are having fun, and that you were not lying to me through your text messages stating that you are still having fun.

I am jealous.

Shua said...

uncle jesse is one of my heroes. no doubt about it. he's really great.

Lindy-Lou said...

I believe every word. I especially believe you are all really funny. You should have recorded yourselves. Can't wait to hear about it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails